Saturday, July 5, 2008
Friday, July 4, 2008
By comparrison the Instinct does not support a Wi-Fi connection, but has many features in common with the iPhone, including touch-screen interface and HTML web browsing. According to the CBC "Bell spokesperson Jason Laszlo said the unlimited data plan includes web browsing, web-based e-mail and downloads. Other services, including GPS navigation, access to Bell's Full Track Music, Sirius satellite radio and on-demand TV content, are available at additional charges."
This ought to open up the gates a bit... it will be interesting to see how the other carriers respond.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Move over Mayday Malone... bartender may not be a wise career choice anymore!
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
"Many of our participants noticed that their computers were slowing down. This means that while they were surfing, unbeknownst to them, websites were installing malware," said Guy Roberts, director of McAfee's labs in Europe.
The future does not seem to hold any promise for eradicating spam either, "...it is such an immense problem and it's never going to go away. It's no longer a question of solving it but one of managing it," says Dave De Walt, chief executive of McAfee.
BBC story here.
Monday, June 30, 2008
"Today’s ruling is about an attempt by LVMH to protect uncompetitive commercial practices at the expense of consumer choice and the livelihood of law-abiding sellers that eBay empowers everyday.
"We will fight this ruling on their behalf; we will be seeking leave to appeal.”
If ebay can't sell knock offs, what's left?
Sunday, June 29, 2008
- Google Calendar to pick a date that worked for both of their schedules;
- Google Docs for documents, to do lists and list of invites, RSVPs and such;
- Google Page Creator to create a web page to inform friends and guests;
- Google Analytics to determine if anyone was using their web site;
- Google Maps to inform guest about the venue and provide suggestions about hotels and sites of interest;
- forms to allow guests to submit their ideas for songs that mean something to them;
- Gmail to communicate with guests; and
- Picassa to share wedding photos after the big day.