Please Share

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Twitter A Buzz With Earthquake Tweets

As the 5.4 magnitude LA earthquake hit on Tuesday many of the folks I follow on Twitter were busily tweeting their experiences, letting the world know they were okay or inquiring about friends and loved ones. It seems this was a common theme on Twitter. Twitterer Verdell Wilson told CNet that she was having an exam in her gynecologist's Los Angeles office when the quake hit. "As soon as I got dressed, I twittered my experience from my cell phone," Wilson said. "I usually twitter to 80 friends, but I now have 274 messages from people commenting on it."AT&T spokesman John Britton is quoted as saying "If you're on a wireless network and you can't get a call through, often the texting network won't be as congested,"

Search

Google