Please Share

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Google's Project Glass

I can talk to my Samsung Nexus (Google) phone and have it convert my speech to text. I have Google Goggles app which allows me to point my phone's camera at objects and returns relevant information about those objects. It has Google Maps and turn by turn navigation... however, I have to carry it in my pocket or walk around with my head down risking life and limb. 

Today some Googlers posted Project Glass to Google+ "So we took a few design photos to show what this technology could look like and created a video to demonstrate what it might enable you to do." 

I'm loving it! While it's not yet real, that I know of, it's everything that I carry around today in a stylish heads up display. My only concern is that I wear prescription glasses that don't look quite as cool as the Project Glass concept, I hope they come out with a version that is equally as cool for those of us who are optically challenged.

Search

Google