Please Share

Friday, June 18, 2010

Getty Images And Flickr Team Up - Amateur Photographers Rejoice!

Getty Images is one of the giants in the stock photography game and they are now working together with Flickr to increase their catalog of photos by tapping into the massive library. Flickr users will receive payment for photos that they agree to release to Getty. Neither Flickr nor Getty is commenting on how much money will change hands saying that prices vary from job to job but are industry standard. The BBC speculates the rate for an image at somewhere between $150-$240 (£100-£160). 

"This deal helped me get my foot in the door with Getty, something I had been trying to do for years. And while I am concerned about opening up the floodgates, I am going to take it as a challenge. But I am really not worried because I like to think I am good at what I do," said Hal Bergman a website developer turned freelance photographer.

In one of my earliest post I let you in on my brush with Flickr fame, I didn't receive any monetary compensation but was honored think that my photo would be in print! I did receive a copy of the book which is proudly tucked away in my son's room. Perhaps Flickr does equal fame and fortune? 

Search

Google