Please Share

Friday, August 10, 2007

iPhone dead zone - rotten Apple?

The Apple Insider is reporting an iPhone issue that affects the touch screen of some machines. Users are saying their iPhones are developing a dead zone on "a half-inch strip of the screen that spans the width of the device when held vertically." The repair is taking Apple 3 days on average and users are being offered a rental unit for $29 during the repair! I find this a little hard to fathom, you mean to tell me that after laying down $500 or more for a machine, that breaks within the first month, I'm going to have to pay you ~6% of the purchase price to rent a loaner! Unbelievable... tell me it ain't so Steve! For the first time since it's release, I'm happy that it's not available here in Canada yet.

Search

Google