Please Share

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

firefly

After hearing much about the short lived firefly tv series from 2002, I happened upon the 4 disc set on the shelf of the local Future Shop and as luck would have it, it was marked down. I'm only 5 episodes in and already I'm hooked! If you are a Star Wars, Star Trek, or Battle Star Galactica fan you'll love this show. It reminds me of the old westerns that I watched as a child and that was the intention of the shows creator, Josh Whedon, I'm sure. It doesn't rely on a great deal of FX, has great story lines, and elements of humour. The thing that sets this show apart from the others mentioned above is the notable absence of alien races and droids, at least in the episodes I've viewed thus far. The set comes with all 14 series episodes, some audio commentary, deleted scenes, gag reel, and 3 never-aired episodes. If you are a sci-fi fan and can get your hands on this dvd set it's well worth the investment. I'll be on the lookout for the follow up movie of 2005 - Serenity.

Search

Google