Please Share

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Slingbox™ maker Sling Media acquired

Sling Media, makers of the Slingbox™ (the little device that allows you to view your favourite media on the go, anywhere in the world, through your high speed Internet connection) has announced it's acquisition by pay-TV company EchoStar. “We are psyched to make this announcement. We have worked closely with EchoStar for more than two years, and have come to realize that both companies have similar entrepreneurial cultures and mutual dedication and passion for creating empowering experiences that benefit the consumer and the media industry,” said Blake Krikorian, co-founder, chairman and CEO of Sling Media.

I can understand how the companies are a fit and while I find the Slingbox an interesting gadget I am not sure why I'd need one. I guess I just don't love television that much, or travel that often that I find this a must have device. That said, I do know people who would!

Search

Google