Please Share

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sync Your Outlook and Google Calendars

When I open Firefox my start page is my iGoogle page and the Google Calendar gadget sits prominently on the first tab. I like Google Calendar but I'll have to admit that keeping two calendars going and in sync with each other has caused me to nearly abandon it's use over the last few months. Alas, a solution! Google has created Google Calendar Sync, a downloadable application that allows me to enter events in either Microsoft Outlook's calendar (which I use at the office) or Google Calendar and the application will keep the two in sync with each other. There are options, you can sync either one way or two ways and with Google Calendar you can choose to make your calendar public, private, or available to a select group of users. I can see Google Calendar falling back into my favor now! This is truly a useful development, at least in my case.

Search

Google