Please Share

Saturday, June 28, 2008

NASA Recruits WALL-E To Raise Interest In Science

NASA has teamed up with Disney's Pixar and enlisted their cute little robot star WALL-E to help encourage children to take an interest in science. "WALL-E is going to be a guest host to help us teach about NASA's satellite mission to the moon, the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter," said Marci Delaney, the DLN team lead at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center. "We hope that with the help of our new robot friend WALL-E, NASA can encourage young people to learn about science and technology and become the explorers of tomorrow." said Robert Hopkins, chief of strategic communications at NASA Headquarters in Washington, D.C.

Check out NASA's For Educators site.
Here's a link to the Public Service Announcement.

I think I need to see WALL-E, don't know if I can convince my teenagers to join me though...

Search

Google