Please Share

Friday, December 5, 2008

Doctor Uses Text Messages To Instruct Colleague On Tricky Surgery

David Nott, a vascular surgeon from London, was coached by Professor Meirion Thomas via text messages on how to preform a difficult forequarter amputation. Nott, who was attending to a teenager in Congo Africa while volunteering with Doctors Without Borders knew that the teens only chance was to have the operation which he had never attempted. A call to Thomas was responded to within 10 minutes. Thomas provided Nott with the 10 steps to the amputation then reportedly signed off with "Easy! Good luck." Nott says "I felt I had like my guardian angel on my left shoulder showing me what to do. I just got on with it, and everything he told me, I just did".

What a great story!

Search

Google