Please Share

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Jobs To Take 6 Month Medical Leave

Steve Jobs, Apple Inc.'s CEO, has told employees that he is taking a medical leave of absence until the end of June. This is a bit of a back track from a statement that he made prior to Macworld where he said that he intended to remain on the job. In yesterday's communique he wrote

"Unfortunately, the curiosity over my personal health continues to be a distraction not only for me and my family, but everyone else at Apple as well," and "In order to take myself out of the limelight and focus on my health, and to allow everyone at Apple to focus on delivering extraordinary products, I have decided to take a medical leave of absence until the end of June."

The news sent Apple stock for a tumble down $8.82 to $76.51.


Search

Google