Please Share

Saturday, September 4, 2010

My Name Is Earl... and I'm A Big Blow Hard!

We are in the middle of a visit from Hurricane Earl. Still a Hurricane (Level 1) as it passes through Nova Scotia but is expected to be Post Tropical when the eye of the storm passes over us on Prince Edward Island. Woke to no power this morning and that was before the winds even picked up, apparently Maritime Electric had equipment failure at our local substation and power is back for now. While we've endured such weather in the past, this is the first time in recent memory that it's come during the day, and so we can view the storm in all it's glory. I'll try to get some photo's / video if I can but our subdivision doesn't have a lot of mature trees, which is both a blessing and a curse. I'm not sure that any images I will be able to capture will be that impressive but then again, it's not likely that a tree will land on my house. I have to admit, I am fond of a good storm and have been ever since I was young, mother nature has always fascinated me. I hope the damage is minimal and that everyone stays safe, but I do enjoy being in the middle of the action. :)

Search

Google