Please Share

Friday, April 6, 2012

Project Glass - Am I Missing Something?

Yesterday I, like many others, brought you the story of Google's Project Glass. Since then I've viewed a television news cast, Global National's nightly news, and this CNN story about Glass in which there seems to be the opinion that what was announced was a "prototype" (A first or preliminary model of something, esp. a machine, from which other forms are developed or copied.). My understanding is that there is no claim to be a prototype but more of a concept, an idea. Quoting the Project Glass team, "So we took a few design photos to show what this technology could look like and created a video to demonstrate what it might enable you to do." 

So, is it me who is mistaken into thinking that Glass does not yet exist but is only a concept or is it big media who is mistaken into thinking that this video was actually taken using the device in it's prototype form?

Thoughts anyone?

Search

Google