Please Share

Monday, May 14, 2007

While I most certainly am an early adopter when it comes to technology, there are a few things that, to me, can only be done in the traditional fashion. Barbequing is one of those things! I’ve had my Weber® Kettle grill for 15 years and it has been a trusted friend. For a very long time family members have been begging me to “upgrade” to a gas grill, and I have been the butt of many jokes regarding ole faithful. There is an art to grilling with charcoal and the barbequing experience is much more fulfilling when you’ve nurtured the coals to that perfect pinkish-white.

Alas, this year I’ve finally given in to the mobs of flesh hungry drones that inhabit my home… okay so that’s a little dramatic, but it does seem as though I’ve tossed a friend to the curb! I’ve just purchased my first gas grill, but of course not just any grill, this is the 56,000 btu stainless steel beauty that I’ve passed in the isles of the local grocery store since there was still snow on the ground. I’ll admit it did catch my eye and I did occasionally envision my self standing in front of a large brontosaurus rib, Fred Flintstone style… The L@H 56,000 BTU stainless steel BBQ is a real performer, it assembled easily and fired up first try. I was amazed at the speed at which the thermometer climbed to +500 deg. F. It’s been in constant use since the purchase and I think I may be becoming one of the converted… rest assured, no BBQ was harmed in this experiment as the Weber will be heading for the summer place.











By the way, the L@H utensils are a marvel of engineering! :-)

Search

Google