Please Share

Monday, August 10, 2009

Who Cares About Breakfast, Do I Have Any E-mail?

After my morning shower I walk straight through the kitchen (no breakfast), down the stairs and hang a right to my office... and it appears that I am not alone. The New York Times has an article that discusses this trend, which I'd not really thought much about until I read this.

“Things that I thought were unacceptable a few years ago are now commonplace in my house,” said Dorsey Gude of East Lansing, Mich., “like all four of us starting the day on four computers in four separate rooms.”

“It used to be you woke up, went to the bathroom, maybe brushed your teeth and picked up the newspaper,” said Naomi S. Baron, a professor of linguistics at American University, who has written about technology’s push into everyday life. “But what we do first now has changed dramatically. I’ll be the first to admit: the first thing I do is check my e-mail.”

Don't know about you, but I think it's time to take a step back and rethink this practice!

Search

Google