Please Share

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Considering a wireless network?

If you are in the market for a wireless network you many wish to take a look at ars technica and their roundup of 802.11n routers. They've completed a fairly comprehensive look at 3 offerings from competing manufacturers and weigh in on the pros and cons of each device. I was a little disappointed to see that my Netgear Rangemax fared the worst in ars technica's review. Considering that I've had mine for a year or more and that it was an upgrade from 802.11b, I really have no complaints. The range is exceptional in my experience and the only problem that I've encountered is that my neighbours have all jumped on board the wireless band wagon, and the space has gotten a little crowded. Ever since I switched channels to something less busy, I have been extremely happy and the Rangemax has preformed very well. One of the knocks on the device, according to ars technica, was it's performance at close range, I have not personally encountered that as the devices I have nearest the router are all wired to it. If I'd had this review to consider when I made my purchase decision I may not have gone with Netgear, but in short I am quite satisfied at the moment.

Search

Google